Thank you to Dr. Westin Childs for the wonderful article.
By now there's no doubt you've at least heard of leaky gut.
But what is leaky gut and why does it matter to your health?
In simple terms leaky gut is defined as damage that occurs to your intestinal lining which allows bad things to enter into your blood stream and prevents good things from being absorbed.
This is obviously an oversimplification, but it gives you an idea of why leaky gut is so important.
Damage to the intestinal lining results in the absorption of pro-inflammatory cytokines which can interact with your brain and skin causing all sorts of problems for your immune system and thyroid function.
If you suspect or know you have thyroid problems there is a HUGE probability that you also have some degree of intestinal damage.
You can identify the presence of leaky gut using the symptom list below:
Symptoms of leaky gut include:
Because thyroid function alters intestinal function and vice versa.
The relationship between your thyroid and your gut is similar to the adrenal/thyroid connection we discussed previously.
And just like that connection, fixing this problem requires treatments for each individual system.
But before we talk about treatment let's talk about WHY it's so important to fix your gut.
What leaky gut does to your thyroid:
How respectful or disrespectful are you to your body?
Know that the respect one has for their body, has a direct effect on the brain and over all well being. So plan and prepare for how you will give your body the respect it deserves to thrive, with these steps.
6. Be responsible for your own self.
7. Recognize negative emotions or people and remove them from your life.
8. If the emotion cannot be easily removed, recognize it and label it as opposed to trying to ignoring it.
9. Verbally express your interpretation of your emotions and work to let it go, or use it as a source of growth and strength.
10. Lastly, take some special time for yourself and get pampered. If you need to, save up and go to a spa. Here is a special offer to do just that.